With 1,300 employees spread across the globe, a Canadian-based energy company relied on a large base of temporary workers, as well as independent contractors to support HR functions like training.
But with continuous onboarding of new and replacement talent, the energy company experienced a constant churn of knowledge and expertise.
By switching from temporary workers to a stable, dedicated team, the energy company saved 25% of costs. It also gained greater learning expertise, best practices in courseware design, and higher satisfaction scores.
- Large base of temporary workers/independent contractors supporting HR.
- Continuous onboarding of new/replacement talent (co-employment mitigation).
- Constant churn of knowledge and expertise.
- No ongoing professional development or consultative learning expertise provided by staffing agency model.
Our client lacked best practices and cutting edge learning design. Its learning deployment was inconsistent with its overall brand.
Conduent Learning implemented a managed services model approach (instructional design, administration, logistics, and technology).
- Replaced existing independent contractor staff with Conduent employees.
- Implemented project management standards and reporting and robust, client-specific instructional design methodology.
- Dedicated account management with deep learning expertise.
- Supported the design needs of all business units within the company.
Performance Improvement Initiative had a dedicated team of 30 professionals focused on developing systems simulations and operational skills, as part of a global initiative to replace ERP system and streamline all work processes for the entire enterprise.
- Saved approximately 25% of costs related to temporary workers in the first year of implementation.
- Reduced co-employment risk by providing a stable, dedicated team, rather than temporary workers, to manage services.
- Provided client with innovation, energy industry experience, and best practices for courseware design.
- Enabled scalability to support increased learning demands from the internal business units, resulting in higher satisfaction scores.
- Ensured adoption of new ERP processes and systems knowledge via next generation simulation technology-enabled courseware.