August is officially recognized as National Child Support Awareness Month, and today kicks off a time of special attention to the importance of the child support program in the U.S. As we’ve said before, it’s important to focus on families all year long. But this official month of recognition is a good occasion to:
- Thank the hardworking government employees at every level – federal, state, local – who dedicate themselves to serving children and families
- Recognize the important role financial support plays in the lives of the children who depend on the work of those individuals
- Consider ways current programs can become even more effective in meeting their mission
All month long, we’ll be supporting these three goals in important ways. One is to publish exciting new content about ways that state child support programs can use digital platforms and services to improve service to children and families. White papers, infographics and blogposts are all forthcoming on topics like system re-platforming, unlocking the power of a comprehensive State Disbursement Unit (SDU), and strategies for minimizing unidentified payments.
Later this month, we’ll also be attending and participating in the annual National Child Support Enforcement Association (NCSEA) Leadership Symposium as NCSEA’s Platinum Corporate Partner. Our subject matter experts will be weighing in on important issues and trends such as:
- Leadership. This year’s theme is “Leading the Future of Child Support” and the symposium theme of leadership is a focus throughout the conference.
- Learning. The agenda features sessions on child support policy, law, intergovernmental cooperation, and service delivery.
- Innovative sessions. A new feature this year is the introduction of the Leadership Book Club. Participants are asked to read WE NEED TO TALK by Celeste Headlee for a group review and to come prepared to share other good leadership reads. By popular demand, a Pecha Kucha workshop returns emphasizing this year’s leadership theme. This is a fast-paced visual presentation with a minimum of words. It’s always exciting to see if the presenters can budget their time wisely.
We’re proud to be NCSEA’s Platinum Corporate Partner. If you’re coming to the NCSEA Leadership Symposium, we’d love to have you stop by Booth #8. If you’re not joining us in Pittsburgh but want to connect, please fill out the contact form at right.
You can also check out our portfolio of child support innovations – the broadest, most comprehensive solution set in the industry.
We join public and private sector partners in celebrating Child Support Awareness Month and bringing more attention to the crucial work going on in this industry – and the dedicated individuals who devote themselves to moving that work forward.
About the Author
Vice President, Child Support SolutionsMore Content by Scott Cade