Child Support Awareness Month is always a jam-packed time for our child support team, but this year, our busy season has continued long after August ended! A busy summer has become a busy fall, packed with events, announcements, activities and celebrations.
As you know, our team celebrated Child Support Awareness Month at this year’s NCSEA Leadership Symposium in Minneapolis. The event offered so much to celebrate:
- In recognition of our years of contribution to the child support community, we were honored to be named Corporate Associate of the Year by NCSEA—such a great honor for our entire team!
- Our team participated in talks and panels on a host of topics, helping current and emerging child support leaders build and grow their knowledge and expertise. I enjoyed teaching and leading sessions at NCSEA U, getting to know future child support leaders from across the country.
- Scott Cade, a former NCSEA President, was recognized by the Board of Directors for his years of service to NCSEA as he rotated off the Board. Conduent continues to be capably represented on the Board by Robbie Endris.
There were also great things going on around the country, like our South Carolina SDU team joining an effort to assemble 2500 boxes of food for the elderly in the Columbia, SC region for Harvest Hope.
Around this same time – like we said, we’re keeping busy! – we added PayPal functionality to our multistate payment platform, ExpertPay. You can read our announcement here and more about the benefits of this new functionality here. Individuals with PayPal accounts can now select PayPal as their payment option for one-time or recurring payments in all 50 states—big news for parents whose payment priorities are security, speed and convenience.
In September, our team headed off to NCCSD, where we:
- Enjoyed Mackinac Island and had a roaring 20’s style dinner at the Grand Hotel
- Had great opportunities to visit with leaders of the national child support community
- Were thrilled to hear Scott Lekan announce the federal certification of the South Carolina child support system, PACSS! South Carolina’s system and SDU are now both operational statewide.
Then, my colleagues Zach Steed and Robbie Endris headed down to Savannah, Georgia (site of the 2020 ERICSA annual meeting) to work with their fellow board members planning next spring’s ERICSA. The theme for next year’s event is “2020 Vision for Children and Families” and I know the Board has a lot of exciting ideas in store.
And the busy season isn’t over just yet. Soon, we’ll be heading off to the WICSEC Annual Conference, which starts October 6 in Spokane, Washington. We’ll be sponsoring the Harvest Festival, which will feature all sorts of fun including a photo booth, DJ, line dancing, farmers market and more. If you’re going to be in Spokane and want to meet up to discuss how Conduent helps move child support forward, please drop us a line here.